Monday 4 March 2019

The colour of everything I knew



The first thing I noticed about you and fell for, it was the colour of your eyes. When we were on the dance floor, it was the colour of my twirling dress. When you held my hand for the first time, it was the colour of the chandelier in the restaurant. When you made me laugh lifting my spirits from its dungeons, it was the colour I saw fading from my mood. When time stopped by as we intertwined our lips, it was the colour of the sky and promises of a happy future. When you took my breath away asking me to marry you, it was the colour of the ocean below us and its reflection in my tears. 

After our first misunderstanding, because you thought I was lying to you, it was the colour of my bruises. As I sat for days and nights crying, it was the colour of the door I pleaded into. While you abused my body night after night, it was the colour of my numbness. When you asked me to cook for you over a call with a voice full of kindness, it was the last colour I saw when I switched on the stove.    

 Day 1 : Picture prompt


‘I’m Writing Bravely for the Write Tribe Festival of Words – March 2019’







6 comments:

  1. Good Lord, did she kill herself? Your imagery is amazing Jyotsna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very powerful narrative, Jyotsna, especially the colour of bruises, the colour of the door and the colour of the numbness! Wow! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour described by you show the subtlety of your writing of the serious harassment. Hope she had seen his true colours earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many shades in this story and so many interpretations. Loved the imagery your words created for me. Fab writing, Jyotsna!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its just Fab, Jyotsna! The emotions and colur spectrum and the tragic end rendered me speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got goosebumps reading this! Beautiful! Loved the way you wove it right upto the end!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...