Friday 7 July 2017

Muffled voices

The emptiness doesn’t haunt too much. The noise is not that loud. It’s muffled now. There are other voices that are louder than that noise. The voices that have my attention. Maybe I am deliberately not hearing the noise? Trying to push it below practical things. Work to be finished, lists to be made, payments to be scheduled, things to be purchased and packed.

The voices of all things mundane, of things that would occur at intervals and of things that will happen once in a lifetime – they seem to be helping me push the noise deeper so it’s more and more muffled.

But then, why does an image keep playing in front of my eyes. Image of myself as a child hiding the remains of an expensive crockery I broke under the carpet so that no one would notice them. Those pieces hurt later – to others and to me. What I forgot as a child was that hidden, broken pieces hurt the sole. Am I forgetting the same thing as an adult? Am I forgetting that hidden, broken pieces might hurt again? They might hurt the ‘soul’.




11 comments:

  1. Your excellent analogy is both thought-provoking and disturbing. Often, the little nightmares of our childhood pan out to fill the motion picture of our life in high definition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by :) Agree to your comment about childhood nightmares

      Delete
  2. Whoa, wow.
    That's a very deep thought and well brilliantly written, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Glad to have you here, as always :)

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful perception. There are things we need to accept about ourselves, our mistakes and flaws, which otherwise might hurt us and our environment alike. Nice read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Glad you liked what I wrote :)

      Delete
  4. Hey keep posting such sensible and significant articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your analogies are always so spot on...wow !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely comply with some points that you just have mentioned on this post. I appreciate that you just have shared some reliable recommendations on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is like film sequence of Ingmar Bergman. My complements. One day someone will sure create visuals out of this...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...