Friday 12 May 2017

Ex - Sarkari Babu

From today onwards, I no longer am the ‘sarkari babu’. A title which I accepted first with reluctance, then with frustration, followed by the understanding of its importance, then with responsibility and finally with a lot of pride.

Even though I come from a family of government officers, I never ever wanted to be one. The idea of going to a same place, doing the same work, meeting the same people everyday never appealed to me. But somehow, I landed one for myself. Within a span of a year, I tried to get out of it. And trust me, I tried really hard.

But as they say, life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. And before I realized, it was around eight years of working in a government office.

They say your first job teaches you the most. I learnt too. I learnt that it is easiest to blame the government when you are on the other side of the table. 

I learnt that it is not that easy for an outsider to understand why things happen in a certain way in a government office. I learnt that being a government officer came with a lot of responsibility towards your country. I learnt that even though you are a smallest part of the government machinery, you can contribute if you want to.


I also learnt that going to a same place everyday could bring a lot of stability. I learnt that doing the same work everyday could become your forte. I learnt that meeting same people everyday could be comforting.

I don’t remember when did I change from being somebody who never wanted to be a government officer to somebody who started defending when people blamed government for everything.

Every workplace has its own pros and cons. This one had too. But as I leave today, I leave with warm friendships, lessons and learnings that will last a lifetime and times that will be etched in memory forever.

~ From an ex - Sarkari babu (Just felt like calling that myself one last time)

8 comments:

  1. Aye, every job has its pros and cons. Sometimes things don't work out the way we wanted it to and sometimes things aren't what we expected it to be. It's a great life lesson that you shared here. Good luck with your ventures ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That means you are about to follow your heart... right? Best wishes for your future endeavors! Keep smiling :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I joined a private entity. Wanted to do that for some time now. Thank you for your wishes :)

      Delete
  3. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging is that the new poetry. I notice it terrific and wonderful in some ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...