Thursday 2 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 1 - Gentle


They say it hits you like lightening, sweeps you off your feet and makes you walk on moonbeams.

The books told me it would make you hear violins in the sky, fill your stomach with butterflies and make your heart flutter with bittersweet anxiety every night.

The movies showed that I would get lost all the time, smile unknowingly at strangers and burst into dance sequences in the middle of a railway stations.

I thought it would make me lose my sense of time, fill me up with candyfloss giddiness and let me dream with eyes wide open.

All it did was take off some invisible burden from my drooping shoulders, joining them with his own and showed me togetherness in everything. Who said love couldn't be gentle in its arrival?








# Writing for NaPoWriMo attempting to everyday for the month of April. Combining this with prompts from The Alipore Post 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...