Saturday 23 August 2014

Five Sentence Fiction - Waiting

He is equally responsible for the project for God's sake and you should have atleast given it back to him for his unprofessionalism.’ she said
But I don’t know what were you even thinking at that time?’ she said fuming with anger now.
I tried, alright and you know I can’t..’ my sentence trailed off.
How can you say you can’t, are you ever going to learn ?’, she went on ranting.

The two voices fought inside my head, while I waited for some magic that would teach me the skill of saying things to people on their face during an argument rather than in my head after the whole scene was over and done with !!




Written for Five Sentence Fiction - Waiting

21 comments:

  1. It's always better to speak up your mind ... a really interesting piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its better I agree, but not always possible. Thanks Amrit :)

      Delete
  2. Sigh..this is the story of my life..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer speaking up! ;)
    Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always speak up. Holding it in hurts only one person. Yourself. Lovely take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was as easy to speak up Shailaja. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  5. Silence is golden .. just don't let it build the wall ! nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not about building walls. Its about not being able to speak up when you should have. Thanks Ankur :)

      Delete
  6. In a few words such a meaningful story!! A nice take on the Prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can identify with this, Jyo. Even I get the wisest statements after the arguments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely my thoughts. Must you u've skillfully and deftly brought two conflicting perspective together. It's not always easy, I guess, to voice out,though we must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew there were so many of my kind around. I know we must speak up but as you know its not that easy !!

      Delete
  9. Yes it happens a lot of times, when we get blank during an argument but fume later, repeating the whole scenario in our head!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can totally relate with this. good one Jyots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful story with so few words! Excellent Jyotsna...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...