Friday 28 February 2014

Indecisive

Two edges pulling me apart
Insurgence of mayhem within this heart
Incertitude all around
With helplessness I am bound
Like a flame on last few drops of oil
My belief flickers in its own turmoil
Reality engulfed in its full-blown darkness
Bit by bit desiccating all of my strength
A tug from this side, a tug from there
Stuck in a quagmire in the middle of nowhere
Keep holding on to my intractable faith
Or should I become pliant for kin’s sake
That thing on the left, should it be heard
Or should the grey matter be allowed to have the final word
Articulate in my thoughts I haven’t been since long
Floating on thin ice, I ain’t looking oh-so-strong...!

 
Image Source: Google

15 comments:

  1. This was the best take ever on Mind vs Heart! I loved it completely!

    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floating on thin ice, I ain’t looking oh-so-strong...!
    the last line is so beautifully expressed. The mind and heart play a tug of war to cause turmoil and anxiety. Who wins or loses ? It causes further pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kalpana. Yes, whoever wins or loses it still causes pain :(

      Delete
  3. Very nice. Left brain n right keep tugging us in opp ways. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May you win the battle & be strong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Anita thats so sweet of you to say !! Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  5. "That thing on the left, should it be heard
    Or should the grey matter be allowed to have the final word"

    Great lines..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a difficult state, hard to decide moment.
    Well penned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so true Indrani !! Glad you liked this :)

      Delete
  7. Yeh toh OMG wala wow tha!
    No, seriously, great work! Very, very good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your 'OMG wala wow' Made me smile !! Muuaahhh ;)

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...