Friday, 28 February 2014

Indecisive

Two edges pulling me apart
Insurgence of mayhem within this heart
Incertitude all around
With helplessness I am bound
Like a flame on last few drops of oil
My belief flickers in its own turmoil
Reality engulfed in its full-blown darkness
Bit by bit desiccating all of my strength
A tug from this side, a tug from there
Stuck in a quagmire in the middle of nowhere
Keep holding on to my intractable faith
Or should I become pliant for kin’s sake
That thing on the left, should it be heard
Or should the grey matter be allowed to have the final word
Articulate in my thoughts I haven’t been since long
Floating on thin ice, I ain’t looking oh-so-strong...!

 
Image Source: Google

14 comments:

  1. This was the best take ever on Mind vs Heart! I loved it completely!

    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floating on thin ice, I ain’t looking oh-so-strong...!
    the last line is so beautifully expressed. The mind and heart play a tug of war to cause turmoil and anxiety. Who wins or loses ? It causes further pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kalpana. Yes, whoever wins or loses it still causes pain :(

      Delete
  3. Very nice. Left brain n right keep tugging us in opp ways. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May you win the battle & be strong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Anita thats so sweet of you to say !! Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  5. "That thing on the left, should it be heard
    Or should the grey matter be allowed to have the final word"

    Great lines..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maniparna. Glad you liked them :)

      Delete
  6. That is a difficult state, hard to decide moment.
    Well penned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so true Indrani !! Glad you liked this :)

      Delete
  7. Yeh toh OMG wala wow tha!
    No, seriously, great work! Very, very good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your 'OMG wala wow' Made me smile !! Muuaahhh ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...