Thursday 2 April 2015

B - Believe

He:
You know you are a sadist.
She:
Am I now?
He:
Yes, you are. You don’t realize how difficult it is for people around you to listen to the fact that you wish to die. The way you throw it around so casually. Not flinching about it even for a second. Talking about your death at every possible instance.
She:
You know I talk about this thing only to you?
He:
I know. So you think it's easy for me?
She:
I know it's not. And I do feel guilty for making you live under my shadow of 'impending death.'
He:
And you still do it?
She:
As if you've never toyed with the idea of death and never talked about it with me?
He:
I don’t do it on purpose
She:
Neither do I
He:
As much cynical as I am about life, I wish I could say something or do something to hold you back
She:
Hold me where?
He:
Here. To this world. Even if I try I would sound like a hypocrite to my own self
She:
But you still try that, don’t you?
He:
Yes I do. As if you have never tried doing that? Try to talk me out of it.
She:
Have I now?
He:
Yes Madam. You have. You are a step ahead. I atleast let you talk about your death. You don’t even hear a word about it from me.
She:
You know the irony of both of us consoling each other to hold back to the world is that none of us believes it and yet we want the other person to believe it and stay back.
He:
You said it.
She:
I sure did


This post is written as a part of April A to Z Challenge - 2015

17 comments:

  1. That was a thought provoking conversation! Looking forward to you posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aathira. Looking forward to read you too :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! This was powerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post it is..!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good. How long does it take you to come up with these? I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Glad you like them. Well, there is no fixed time schedule. You know how we writers are ;)

      Delete
  5. Loved this conversation. Speaks volumes about the depth of relationship they share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Shilpa Ma'am. Yup, they do share a wonderful relationship :)

      Delete
  6. Few lines that leave a deep impact...that how u write :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's touching and every word has a huge impact, Jyotsna for us to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive. Few words and very impactful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Ina. Lovely to have you here :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...