Sunday, 27 April 2014

Wish You Could See !!


I wish you could see
The pains I go through everyday
How much I miss you, I wish my words could say

I wish you could see
The restlessness within
How this heart suffers like it has committed some sins

I wish you could see
The tears behind the smile that I conceal
The way it tears me apart, how every moment of life I deal

I wish you could see
The longing I suffer for you
Those times when I do not know how to survive through

I wish you could see
The repentance of the past mistakes
How my entire being without you is almost at stake

I wish you could see
The loneliness in my eyes
How often, how often, remembering you they have cried

I wish you could see
The claustrophobia I get
Whenever the past haunts chocking me almost to death

I wish you could see
How my insides crave for you
That the love I felt was nothing but true

I wish you could see
Those crushed promises and the strangled ‘We’
 You the new He, Me a lost She 


This post is written as a part of April A to Z Challenge 2014 under Non-Themed category. I am doing two posts for this Challenge and Themed posts can be found here.


30 comments:

  1. Wonderful! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sylvia. Welcome to this space :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely poem! I wish I landed on this blog before :)
    I too crib sometimes through prose or poetry here -
    pearlsfromtheocean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hemant. Welcome to my world :)

      Delete
  3. It's so painfully beautiful .....Jyostna :) U are such an amazing poet ....I simply love your poetry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Thank you Sushree. How sweet of you to say that. :* :*

      Delete
  4. wow!! that was really sad and touching.. loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much pain in these lines...but beautifully written.Thanks for dropping in at my blog earlier, Jyotsna.
    http://vinodinii.blogspot.in/2014/04/yearning-to-heard-monologues-with-mrm.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vinodini. Glad you liked this one :)

      Delete
  6. 'We' gets strangled, 'He' is new, and 'Me' is lost ! What an imagery !!! Hats off, Jyotsna !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadness can be expressed so beautifully - your poem is a very good example of that. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of your best I have read ... too good, the pain and longing so beautifully evocative ... loved it buddy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Thanks Amrit. This coming from a poet whose poetry I love is something for me !!

      Delete
  9. "I wish you could see

    Those crushed promises and the strangled ‘We’

    You the new He, Me a lost She "

    Superb lines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome is the right word... :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me smile Alka :) Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  11. How beautifully a poet/ess's thoughts weave a very beautiful art in words! Poems have a lot of power... And you own that power! TC! Keep smiling :)

    Regards,
    Sindhu
    Tantu
    The Arts & Me


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the best things somebody has ever told me Sindhu. Thank you so so much. Lots of love to you too. Take care :)

      Delete
  12. Beautifully penned! Loved the flow :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the lines Jyotsna..very well expressed.. the last line is awesome ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully written. The emotions and the words touch your hearts. The last line was the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Ashwini. Glad you liked this one :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...